Welcome to CBC
Whether you’re looking for a church home or just visiting, we want to give you a warm welcome to Community Bible Church. We are a non-denominational fellowship that began in 1968 with a small nucleus of Christians from Williamstown and has grown to include more than 200 people from the tri-state area. We gather together to learn more about God, to worship Him as our Creator, our Savior and our Lord, and to proclaim the wonderful message of love, forgiveness, and restoration He offers each of us through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Christ’s great proclamations are as true for the accelerated pace of twenty-first century life as they were when He walked the earth. His practical words remind us that our need for daily nourishment goes beyond physical food – that we also require food for our spirits, found in the Word of God. He calls us to “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” He warns us not to be consumed with care for our security, but to leave our future in His care. He summarizes the most important commandments as: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind,… and love your neighbor as yourself.”
The ministries of CBC follow naturally from these basic truths. Worship in song and prayer that takes place in a variety of our gatherings helps us to keep our focus directed on God and away from ourselves. Preaching at our worship services and teaching in Sunday school classes help us come to know God better and apply His Word to everyday living. Mid-week small groups, discipleship and accountability groups, and our youth activities provide more intimate forums for further Bible study and discussion as well as prayer and fellowship.
To grow as a community of faith in which every member has a dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ, is committed to living by His Word, and makes known by action and word the new life He offers to all.
Statement of Faith
- The Bible is God’s Word, completely reliable and the final authority for doctrine and practice.
- There is One God, who eternally exists as three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- All of us are sinful by nature and by choice and are therefore eternally separated from God.
- God the Son became man in the person of our Lord Jesus Christ. By His suffering and death on the cross as our substitute, Jesus took upon Himself the punishment deserved by all those who trust in Him. Personal faith in Jesus as our risen Savior is the only way to restore our broken relationship with God.
- The Holy Spirit lives and works in all believers as they yield their will to Him, transforming them into the likeness of Christ, producing love, joy, and peace in their lives.
- Jesus will return to this earth personally, physically, and suddenly, bringing judgment to all who do not believe, but eternal joy in His presence to all who do.
- The Church universal is composed of all who have placed their faith in Christ for salvation. The local church is one part of the whole. Together, they represent Christ’s body on earth.